Adorama Slashes Shipping Fees to Canada; Tax & Duty Included Up-Front
Adorama, one of the largest and most reputable US-based stores, has just made available an exciting new feature for Canadian customers. They've slashed their shipping fees with a new Tax & Duty Included shipping to Canada.
This is exciting for Canadian consumers because:
- Tax & Duty Included shipping is really cheap! Cheaper than options available from other US stores, and much cheaper than the previous UPS Expedited option. Our quick check shows that shipping costs are, on average, 50% less! Most items ship for less than $20, which is competitive with Canadian retail store shipping.
- Adorama Calculates the Tax & Duty & Brokerage, and charges you at time of sale. That means the final price you pay to Adorama is the final price to you. No more surprises, and no worrying about the tax bill from your courier when your shipment arrives.
Don't forget that many photographic items are covered by US/Canada or Worldwide Manufacturer Warranties, so many items you purchase from the US often come with warranty coverage in Canada. You can read our article on warranties for all the information. If you're new to buying from the US, you can also read about Tax, Duty, and Brokerage Fees when buying from the US.
What's included in the final Adorama price? All taxes, duties, and brokerage fees are included in the final number when you select "Canada Shipping".
- Tax: Your local sales tax (GST + PST, or HST depending on province). If you're not in an HST province, only GST is charged (no PST). No taxes are due at delivery.
- Duty: Most camera equipment is duty free. If what you're buying is not, duties are included as well.
- Brokerage Fees: There are no extra brokerage fees. Everything is already included in the shipping fee.
Go check out Adorama's new Tax & Duty Included Ground shipping for yourself! Or look for Adorama in any of our price listings. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Good luck, and happy photographing!
Return to PhotoPrice.